Search For Plates
Enter your search onto the plate below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How long will it take?

A. A standard prefix or new style transfer usually takes 3-6 working days. A premium registration from stock usually takes 2-3 weeks. Registrations sold on behalf of private clients, currently on a vehicle can take up to eight weeks. (This however is very unusual)

Q. How do I transfer the registration?

A. We offer a full transfer service free of charge completing the Registration Transfer of the Registration Number. However, if you wish to perform the transfer yourself you will need to take the vehicle registration document (log book / V5c) a copy of the tax disk, and if appropriate the MOT certificate along with the Certificate of Entitlement (V750) or Retention Document (V778) for your new registration to your local DVLA Office.(link to list of offices)

Q. Do I need to put the registration on a vehicle?

A. No, Certificates of Entitlement to a registration can be retained for up to 12 months, and extended thereafter for a further 12 months for 25( Dept of Transport Fee) plus a Administration charge of £25 payable to Chestnut Reg.

Q. Do I need to inform my insurance company?

A. Yes, you must inform the insurance company of the new registration number so they can provide you with updated documents.

Q. Can I put any registration on my vehicle?

A. No, you cannot use a registration which would make your vehicle appear younger than it actually is. Details of letters and years

Q. When can I put the new number plate on my car?

A. Once the transfer has been completed you will receive a Letter of Confirmation for Transfer of the Registration Number, Replacement Tax Disc and MoT Certificate with the new registration number, V948 certificate (a number plate authorisation certificate) Or you can Order at the time of purchase of the registration number these will be sent to you this allows you to purchase new number plates and fix them to your vehicle.

Q. Can I transfer my registration number from my vehicle?

A. You cannot transfer a registration number starting with Q or NIQ for Northern Ireland registered vehicles.

To transfer your registration number, your vehicle must be registered at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and available for inspection and of a type that needs an MOT or heavy goods vehicle (HGV) test certificate and currently taxed.

However, if the vehicle that currently has the registration number is not taxed, you can still apply to transfer provided, there is no break between the date the tax disc runs out and the start of the SORN and the tax disc ran out no more than 12 months before the date you apply.

We are Members of The Institute of Registration Agents & Dealers

Copyright ©2009 Chestnut Reg. All Rights Reserved.
Chestnut Reg, PO BOX 333, Crosby, Liverpool, L23 2WB.
Company registered in England No. 450 8950
Designed & Hosted by Spiral Sites Ltd.

Bookmark this site